Male Success Initiative
Tailored Support for Men of Color
LBCC’s Male Success Initiative (MSI) is designed to address the unique needs and challenges of men of color (MOC) by connecting them to existing services, bolstering a sense of belonging and identity, structured mentoring opportunities, and direct student aid. Our mission is to inspire MOC to dream while empowering them to act so that demography (race, socio-economic status, zip code) is no longer destiny. Navigate Onward to Brotherhood, Leadership, and Excellence…Be an MSI NOBLE Scholar!
Requirements to Participate – Prospective Students
- Must be a College Promise Student.
- Must be a first-time college student
- Must be enrolled in 12+ units.
- Must have applied for the FAFSA or Dream Act.
- Must have completed the Participation Agreement for the First-Year Experience.
- Must self-identify as a male, student of color
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Must consistently strive to be the best versions of themselves
Program Benefits & Services – Current Students
- Academic & Social Support
- 1-on-1 & Group Educational Assistance
- Unique events and opportunities for community building
- Student Clubs (TBA)
- Direct Support
- $250 per Semester (Contingent on program participation and funding permitting)
- Guest Speakers – Community and World leaders
- Learning CommunityTake your First college courses with a cohort of diverse and like-minded peers
- 1-on-1 & Group Mentoring sessions
- Connect with faculty, staff, peers, and community members to develop a strong network of support along your educational journey.
- Tailored Workshops
- Monthly Required Gatherings