Ten Plus One
The governing board of Long Beach City College relies on the Academic Senate to make recommendations with respect to 11 key academic and professional matters, commonly referred to as “10+1.”
- Curriculum including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- District and college governance structures as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as are mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.