Tutoring Policies & Procedures
What to expect when making a tutoring appointment
Policies & Procedures
- To make an appointment for an online tutoring session please call or email the center you would like to make an appointment with.
- Appointments are 30 minutes in length.
- You will receive an email with a link to join your tutor online at the time of your scheduled session.
- If you need to cancel, please call or send us an email as soon as you can. This will allow us to open the slot for other students.
- Students are permitted to make up to 4 appointments per week.
- You cannot book more than one appointment for the same course in the day but may sign up for additional “walk-in” sessions if available. Just call the tutoring center or send an email to request additional sessions.
Preparing for your session
- Bring any materials that will help you and your tutors, such as your textbook, syllabus, notes, handouts, and current assignments.
- Make a list of questions you have about the material or need clarification on after reading your textbooks and reviewing your class notes. Highlight areas you want to review with your tutor.
During your session
- Ask for tips on how to study for the class and actively take part in the session. Once you have worked through the material with the tutor, do a practice problem on your own and explain your understanding to the tutor.
- Your tutor can help clarify parts of the lecture or text, assist in solving problems, and work with you to find the answers. Your tutor cannot help with take-home exams.