Computer Labs & Study Spaces Now Open
Long Beach City College students are now welcome to access computer labs and study spaces on-campus. Click for more information, locations and hours.
Long Beach City College students are welcome to access on-campus study space in the Nordic Lounge at LAC and in GG-238 at PCC. Students will also be permitted to use designated outdoor seating on both campuses. The study space will include tables and sitting areas and will be open Monday through Thursday from 10:00 am - 5: 00 pm. Students are able to get wifi in both indoor and outdoor spaces. All students must be registered and must follow campus COVID protocols (wear a mask, social distancing, temperature screen).
Academic Computer Labs
Beginning Monday, May 3, Long Beach City College students are welcome to access on-campus computer labs at LAC (L-251) and at PCC in LL-122. Students will also be permitted to use designated outdoor seating on both campuses. The Academic Computing Labs will include computers for research and will be equipped with college software. Each machine on both campuses will also have a camera for zoom meetings. The Academic Computing Labs will be open Monday through Thursday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. All students must be registered and must follow campus COVID protocols (wear a mask, social distancing, temperature screen). You will be required to complete the single sign-on process to use the computers. Staff assistance will be available.
- This opportunity is for Long Beach City College students only. The second phase in May will include computer labs.
- All students must fill out the campus screening questionnaire in the Viking Portal (Viking screening survey) and have their temperatures taken at the campus screening tents.
- Students must have a “screened” sticker to be on campus and/or enter any indoor space.
- This is intended for educational purposes, is not a social space. It is a study space. There will be some semi-quiet areas where students can access online services and tutoring.
- The area will be monitored by LBCC staff and students must check-in upon arrival in any building.
- Students may bring their own computer or device to use in the study space.
- The Student Code of Conduct applies.
- All students should park in lot F or the parking structure and then locate screening station tents.
WiFi While On Campus
Wifi is available while you are on campus. Click on the wifi symbol on your device. Select Open Wifi (without the lock).
Student Help Desk Will Be Available
The Student Technology Help Desk (STHD) supports all Long Beach City College students in accessing and successfully using Long Beach City College technology.
Student Help During COVID Is Available
Read more here: https://www.lbcc.edu/covid-19-info-students.