Congratulations to our Viking graduates!
Class of 2018
Long Beach City College celebrates the success of more than 2,100 graduating students.
Nearly 750 Long Beach City College students participated in the annual Commencement Ceremony at Long Beach City College’s Veterans Stadium on June 7.
A few highlights from today’s ceremony and re-cap of this academic year:
- 1,925 graduates earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees.
- 316 students earned Certificates of Achievement.
- 230 LBCC students achieved Honors by earning a 3.500 – 3.749 cumulative grade point average.
- 149 students graduated with High Honors (3.75 – 3.99 cumulative grade point average); and 44 students graduated with Highest Honors, a perfect 4.00 cumulative grade point average.
- Professor and author Dr. J. Luke Wood served as the keynote speaker.
- LBCC student Mackenzie Howard, a product of the Long Beach College Promise, was selected as the 2018 Valedictorian.
- LBCC recognized its transfer students during a May 31 ceremony. Approximately 1,300 LBCC students transfer every year to four-year universities and colleges.
- More than $1 million in scholarship funds was awarded to LBCC students at a ceremony June 6.