Find, Learn & Connect
Library: Online Resources & Curbside Pickup
Due to COVID-19, the physical libraries at LAC & PCC are currently closed. Online Summer Library Hours: Mon–Thu 7 AM–7 PM. Library Books & Textbooks can also be requested for curbside pickup. Click here for more details.
The LBCC Library is committed to providing information resources and services that support the mission of Long Beach City College. The Library values lifelong learning and supports student success by providing equal access to information in electronic, print, and non-print formats; offering quality instruction through workshops, orientations, and library classes and; fostering relationships with departments and programs to create, curate, and provide resources that address the multi-faceted needs of students with diverse learning styles. The Library is a safe place for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, race, ethnicity, culture, language and sexual orientation.
Course Reserve Textbook(s) & General Collection Books
(excluding media and audio items)
Curbside Borrowing Pick-up
Faculty and Students can check out Library Reserve Textbooks for seven (7) days and General Collection Books for thirty (30) days.
Step 1: Watch the Instructional Video, How to Request Curbside Reserve Textbooks & General Collection Books
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am – 1:00pm and 3:00pm – 6:00pm Location: Lot C
- Wednesday Walk-in Pickup: 10:00am -12:00pm; 1:00pm -6:00pm, Location: Library
Entrance (Porch) Call Circulation Desk (562) 938-4231
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step Instructions for Curbside Borrowing.
Student Online Services
- For research assistance and questions please use our Library Chat Service. Available: Monday – Thursday 7 AM – 7 PM, Closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you need more in-depth research assistance, please let us know in the chat and we will set up a Zoom session.
- The Library’s Online Public Catalog, OneSearch, provides simple, one-stop searching for books and e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more.
- The Library’s online databases contain hundreds of thousands of articles.
- E-book Central College Complete - A collection of over one hundred thousand eBooks.
- Library FAQs: Find answers to commonly asked questions.
- How to Conduct Library Research - A guide on how to conduct research.
- Library Study Guides - A list of all online study guides.
- Library Tutorial Videos - Video tutorials about library services and how to use them.
- The LBCC Library is suspending interlibrary loans of physical materials during the crisis. However, Interlibrary Loan will continue to fill requests that can be fulfilled with digital resources.
- All Library materials currently checked out will not be due until September 8, 2020
- Library orientations will take place online via ConferZoom in the instructors’ course Canvas shell. Please reach out to Colin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Faculty can continue to request research orientations by filling out this form.
- Are you a faculty member interested in creating educational resources for your students? Faculty who are interested in locating, adopting or creating OER (Open Educational Resources) should visit the OER Resources page.