Find, Learn & Connect
Library: Online Resources & Curbside Pickup
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the libraries at LAC & PCC will be open online until further notice. Library Reserve Textbooks can also be requested for curbside pickup. Please click here for more information.
The LBCC Library is committed to providing information resources and services that support the mission of Long Beach City College. The Library values lifelong learning and supports student success by providing equal access to information in electronic, print, and non-print formats; offering quality instruction through workshops, orientations, and library classes and; fostering relationships with departments and programs to create, curate, and provide resources that address the multi-faceted needs of students with diverse learning styles. The Library is a safe place for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, race, ethnicity, culture, language and sexual orientation.
Course Reserve Textbook(s)
Curbside Borrowing Pick-up and Digitization/Scanning of Book Chapter(s)
Faculty and Students can check out Library Reserve Textbooks for seven (7) days and request digitization/scanning chapters of the textbook(s) through PRIMO, the Library Integrated System (library catalog)
Step 1: Watch the Instructional Video, How to Request Curbside Reserve Textbooks
- Monday and Thursday: 10:00am – 1:00pm and 3:00pm – 6:00pm Location: Lot C
- Tuesday Walk-in Pickup: 10:00am -12:00pm; 1:00pm -6:00pm, Location: Library
Entrance (Porch) Call Circulation Desk (562) 938-4231
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step Instructions for Curbside Borrowing and Book Chapter Digitization of Reserve Textbook(s)
NOTE: For Digitization of Book chapter:
- The Reserve textbook(s) CANNOT be checked-out or loaned-out to students if the library has ONLY one (1) copy. You are advised to request chapter digitization.
- Requests are processed Monday – Thursday from 10 am – 6 pm.
- Textbook digitization may take up three (3) days of processing time.
- Students are allowed to ask one (1) book chapter per request OR two (2) requests per day on a second book of a different title.
- You will receive an email with the requested chapter attached as a Microsoft 365 link to the scanned document.
Student Online Services
- For research assistance and questions please use our Library Chat Service. Available: Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM – 9 PM, Friday 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM. If you need more in-depth research assistance, please let us know in the chat and we will set up a Zoom session.
- The Library’s Online Public Catalog, OneSearch, provides simple, one-stop searching for books and e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more.
- The Library’s online databases contain hundreds of thousands of articles.
- Several new online databases have been added, including several streaming video databases, the legal database HeinOnline Academic and Taylor & Francis Online – Social Science and Humanities Library.
- E-book Central College Complete - A collection of over one hundred thousand eBooks.
- Library FAQs: Find answers to commonly asked questions.
- How to Conduct Library Research - A guide on how to conduct research.
- Library Study Guides - A list of all online study guides.
- Library Tutorial Videos - Video tutorials about library services and how to use them.
- The LBCC Library is suspending interlibrary loans of physical materials during the crisis. However, Interlibrary Loan will continue to fill requests that can be fulfilled with digital resources.
- All Library materials currently checked out will not be due until September 8, 2020
- Library orientations will take place online via ConferZoom in the instructors’ course Canvas shell. Please reach out to Colin Williams at email@example.com if you have any questions. Faculty can continue to request research orientations by filling out this form.
- Are you a faculty member interested in creating educational resources for your students? Faculty who are interested in locating, adopting or creating OER (Open Educational Resources) should visit the OER Resources page.