Special Event at LBCC
A special event will take place at Long Beach City College on Mon., Sept. 13. This event will impact classes, parking, traffic and services at the Liberal Arts Camps. Please click here for more information.
On Mon., Sept. 13, a special event will be taking place at Long Beach City College’s Liberal Arts Campus.
This event will require all buildings on the north side of the Liberal Arts Campus (everything located between Carson Street to Harvey Way, and Clark Avenue to Faculty Avenue) to be closed on Mon, Sept. 13 starting 12:00 pm
Please note the following for Mon, Sept. 13:
- All classes are scheduled after 12:00 pm. in the following buildings are being relocated to the south side of campus or will be conducted remotely on Mon., Sept. 13. Specifically, if your class is scheduled in Buildings A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, P, and U Portables between 12 p.m. and 10 p.m., please check your Canvas frequently for updates from your instructor. Your instructor will inform you if your class will either re-locate to another classroom or it will take place remotely online. Please be patient as we are still working on relocation assignments, but you should know before your class on Mon. Sept. 13 if your instructor will teach in another classroom or teach online.
- All Student Services that have offices on the north side of the Liberal Arts Campus will be closed for in-person services on Mon, Sept. 13. Student Services will be available remotely through online, phone, and chat. For services, please visit: https://www.lbcc.edu/remote-online-student-services
- The Library (Bldg. L), Cafeteria (Bldg. E), Bookstore (Bldg. I) will be closed all day.
- All parking lots surrounding the north side of the Liberal Arts Campus will be closed. These lots include C, D, E, F, G, H, and I.
- If possible, it is suggested that classified staff arrange with their supervisors to work remotely this day.
- Traffic and parking will be impacted this day. Please give yourself ample time should you need to be on campus that day.
- For our neighbors who live west of Faculty Avenue, please note that Faculty Avenue will be closed starting at 12:00 pm. Additional street closures in and around campus may occur.
The following areas will continue to operate as normal on Mon, Sept. 13:
- All classes scheduled from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. that take place at the Liberal Arts Campus will continue as usual.
- All classes scheduled all day in Buildings T and V at the Liberal Arts Campus will go on as usual.
- All Athletic conditioning taking place all day in Veterans Stadium will go on as usual.
- All classes and services at the Pacific Coast Campus will continue as scheduled.
- Parking in the LAC structure (Lot J) on the south side of campus will be open.
- COVID-19 testing in Veterans Stadium will continue as usual.
- The Vaccination Clinic held in Parking Lot I at LAC from 9:00 am – 11:00 am will continue as usual.
All classes and services will return to regular schedules on Tues., Sept. 14. We will keep you updated on any changes via the LBCC website, text messages, and emails.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.