2019 Viking Show Band Auditions
Join the NEW Viking Show Band at Long Beach City College.
This new 22-piece Marching Ensemble consists of traditional
marching instruments and will
perform at various athletic, school, and marching arts events throughout Southern California. All
styles of music will be performed including pop, jazz, and traditional marching music. The show
band will perform traditional drum corps sets in addition to adding choreographed drill and
visual elements to popular musical arrangements.
Being a part of this unique group while earning college credit.
The Viking Show Band will be
a fun, exciting, and different experience from any other!
AUDITIONS: JAN. 6 & JAN. 7
Visit www.vikingshowband.com for more audition info, including signing-up for an audition time.
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- Baritone Saxophone
- Mellophone – will be provided
- Sousaphone – will be provided
- Percussion: Snare Drum, Tenor Drum,
- Triple Bass Drum – will be provided
- Every Tuesday night from 6:45 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Percussion rehearsals begin Jan. 20.
- Full rehearsals begin Feb. 12.
REQUIREMENTS (IF SELECTED):
- Enrollment in the Viking Show Band (Music 49AD, LBCC’s Spring 2019 Semester).
- Cost is $109. This amount may be less if the member has financial aid or is enrolled in other classes at LBCC.
- If not an LBCC student, free admission application is needed to enroll. Visit LBCC.edu and click on “Get Started.”
For more info visit: www.vikingshowband.com
If you require Sign language interpreting services or Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services , please contact the event contact person and Stephanie Bonales at least 72 hours prior to the event at (562) 938-4918 or email@example.com.
FACULTY AND STAFF
If you require Sign language interpreting services, please contact the event contact person and Rebecca Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days prior to the event.
If you require Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services, please contact the event contact person and Jaymee Hunt at email@example.com at least 5 business days prior to the event. *Please note requests are based on provider availability*