LBCCD Board of Trustees Special Meeting
The Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees will hold a Special Board Meeting with Open Session at 5:30 pm, on Thurs, Oct. 21. This meeting may be viewed online at www.LBCC.edu or www.YouTube.com/LongBeachCityCollege.
At this time, draft items to appear on the agenda will include matters pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic response:
- Reopening Taskforce Steering Committee Structure
- Re-engaging Students Impacted by the Pandemic
- HEERF Funds Update
- Mask Wearing and Campus Safety Protocols
- Vaccination Considerations and Options
As these topics may be of particular interest to you as an LBCC employee or student, you may submit your public comments via email or voicemail, with a time limit of three minutes per comment. Public comments are limited to three minutes per speaker, but no more than 20 minutes will be allowed per subject.
Comment submissions for the Oct. 21 special meeting can be made in two ways:
- Written comment may be submitted by completing a form via https://www.lbcc.edu/boardcomments by 2:00 pm PST. on Thurs., Oct. 21, 2021. There is a time limit of 3 minutes for the written comments.
- Recorded on voicemail by calling (562) 938-4700 to record your statement before 2:00 pm PST on Thurs., Oct. 21, 2021. Please be sure to include your first and last name, and the agenda item/number in your three-minute statement.
Public comments that were made for the Oct. 13 meeting regarding vaccination mandate will be carried forward to this special meeting. Members of the public do not have to re-submit their comments.
The final agenda for the Oct. 21 meeting can be found 24 hours prior to the meeting on the LBCC website at: http://www.boarddocs.com/ca/lbcc/Board.nsf/Public.
If you require accommodations, please contact the Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) at least 72 hours prior to the event at (562) 938-4558 or (562) 938-4833 (TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require sign language interpreting services, or Communication Access Realtime Translation services, please contact Stephanie Bonales at email@example.com or (562) 938-4918 at least 5 business days prior to the event. Please note requests are based on provider availability, the more advance notice the better.