Open Studio Night
Visual & Media Arts
Demos • Workshops • GALLERY Exhibition
Visual & Media Arts
Drawing & Painting
Digital Media & Graphic Design
Metal Smithing & Jewelry
Tuesday, November 13
LAC, K + G Buildings
Open to the Public
Free Parking in lots D, E, F, G, H
The LBCC Visual and Media Arts Department is thrilled to announce our second annual Fall Open Studios Night on Tuesday, November 13th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm. This free event will feature a gallery exhibition, demonstrations, refreshments, live music and open studios / classrooms. Visitors will have an opportunity to tour classrooms, learn about our programs and certificates, meet with faculty, counselors and see student work in a range of disciplines including: drawing, film, ceramics, design, digital media, jewelry, photography, printmaking, sculpture and radio / tv.
Throughout our building we will have LBCC faculty available to talk with you about our programs and classes, many of which can lead to careers in Art, Film, Photography and Radio/TV
- K Courtyard Look for our Open Studios table staffed by our faculty greeters, who can give you a tour of our classrooms. You can also meet members from our student activities club, Club d’Art who can talk with you about their experiences here at LBCC and will be handing out a free catalog of their artworks as well as their publication LUZ. Art History will be hosting an Art Masterpiece Trivia Quiz and our display cases will feature work from all our programs.
- K100 The LBCC Art Gallery will be showing the works of three Southern California artists. Kristin Beeler’s works explore skin, experience and location through contemporary jewelry, photography and object making. Lynne McDaniel uses the time honored medium of landscape in her works, to reflect on the consequences of current policies on the geographical landscape. Philip Vaughan’s History is the artists adult response to his childhood experiences living near the beaches of Normandy as a child immediately after WW11.
- K102 Our Film program will be hosting an on-going reel of the best of their student projects and a demonstration of video film-making techniques.
- K102A Counselors & Faculty will talk about declaring a Major, Student Education Plans, Degrees and Certificates.
- K111 Jewelry will be demonstrating ingot casting and rolling mill techniques.
- K113 Sculpture will be featuring work from our current and past students.
- K115 Ceramics will have an on-going demonstration of throwing pottery on the wheel by Gerardo Monterrubio, who leads our Ceramics program.
- K119 Photography at LBCC includes both digital and traditional technologies. Our traditional wet lab darkroom will be open for alternative printing & toning with LBCC faculty member Brian Doan.
- K127 Digital Media incorporates graphics, photography, web design and tonight’s class is Animation and Multimedia taught by artist Angela Willcocks.
- K131 Printmaking will be hosting a demonstration of intaglio printing by artist Christian Ward.
- K137 Our Beginning Drawing class, taught by artist Lauren Holland will be working on their projects.
- K144 In our Beginning Painting class, taught by LBCC Faculty Stas Orlovski, students will be working on their final projects and there will be a display of a selection of projects from our Intermediate Painting students.
- G144 Experience a Live YouTube Webcast of a professional Music Video. You’ll have a chance to have a behind the scenes look of a Live Multiple Camera Television Production in the state-of-the-art LBCC TV Studio. Talk to LBCC faculty about available classes that will lead to a career in the exiting world of the Entertainment Business.
For Accommodations: 72 hours prior to the event, (562) 938-4558 (voice), (562) 353-4217 (videophone), & DSPSemail@example.com // Sign Language Interpreting-Communication Access Realtime Translation: 5 business days prior to the event, contact Event Lead & Stephanie Bonales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 938-4918 *requests are based on provider availability*