Credit by Exam
LBCC developed articulation agreements with local school districts. Faculty from LBCC and the high schools have worked together and agreed certain college-level courses taught at the high school are comparable to a course offered at LBCC. Students can receive college credit if the course and exam are passed within a specific score range.
2019 – 2020 Agreements
|School District||High School Course|
|CalAPS||Firefighting Occupations Course 1|
|Centinela Valley Unified School District||Culinary Arts II + Advanced Culinary and Restaurant Management|
|Long Beach Unified School District||Applied Medical Occupations & Terminology
Culinary Arts 2
Computer Integrated Manufacturing (PLTW)
Digital Electronics (PLTW)
Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW)
Introduction to Design (PLTW)
Principles of Engineering (PLTW)
Steps to Apply
Confirm with your teacher that you have passed the course and exam within the required range.
Complete the Admissions Application
- Create a CCC Apply Account by clicking “Create an Account”.
- Your CCC APPLY ID is letters and numbers (LBC1234)
- Will be received instantly, via email, after creating an account
- Log into the [LBCC Application] with your CCC APPLY Log-in information and complete a campus application.
- Your LBCC VIKING ID is a seven-digit number (1234567)
- Will be received 24-48 hours, via email, after completing an application
If you already have a Viking ID#, you will need to re-apply for the current term.
Complete the Student Information section of the and submit it to your professor. Articulation agreements are reviewed and updated on an annual basis. Credit can only be claimed for the current academic year.