Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee
The Faculty and Staff Diversity Committee function as the District’s Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee as required by Title 5, Section 53005. The Committee’s role includes the following:
- Review and advise on recruitment efforts; job announcements, interview protocols, retention efforts and other aspects of the hiring, retention, and promotion processes that impact the District’s ability to attract and retain a diverse faculty and staff.
- Advise on implementing the District’s obligation to hire faculty and staff with a demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Advise, develop, and implement special training or professional development needs as it relates to equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination, and staff diversity.
- Foster campus-side understanding and support of the Plan.
- Review and monitor the EEO Plan’s progress.
- Provide recommendations for Plan improvements and revisions.