Important Updates & Info – Canvas LMS & Office 365 moving to Viking Portal – Sept. 30
Hello, LBCC Faculty:
Happy Flex Day! We hope you are having a great fall semester so far.
By now most of you have probably heard about Viking Portal, LBCC’s single sign-on platform. With one sign-in, you will be able to access many online applications and links to resources – all in one location! Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS) is continuing the roll out of Viking Portal. We encourage you to log in see what is available to you on the Thor & Loki tabs.
Important: Below you will find information regarding changes that will take place next week!
Canvas LMS moving to Viking Portal – Sept. 30
As a friendly reminder, Starting Monday, September 30th, Canvas LMS will only be accessible via Viking Portal. This applies to students, staff, & faculty.
Canvas LMS will be down from approximately 12am – 2am on Monday, September 30th while this transition takes place.
Office 365 moving to Viking Portal – Sept. 30
Just like with Canvas LMS, Office 365 will make the move to Viking Portal on Monday, September 30th. This applies to students, staff, and faculty. All users who access their email via Office 365 will now go to Viking Portal to log in.
Frequently Asked Questions
· What is Viking Portal? Learn more here.
· What else is available in Viking Portal? Viking Portal will have many of your frequently accessed applications & resources (Student Viking System, Outlook Web App, Vision Resource Center, & more). For a current list of what is available, click here.
· Where can students receive support for Viking Portal? The Student Technology Help Desk. More information is located here.
· Where can you as an LBCC employee receive support for Viking Portal? The IITS Faculty & Staff Help Desk. More information is located here.
· What is a One Time Passcode (OTP)? For increased security, a One Time Passcode (OTP) is used as a form of multi-factor authentication, which is sent out to you as a user when you reset your Viking Password using Viking Portal or when you log into Viking Portal using a new device. Your OTP will be delivered to you either by email, text, or via phone. Your OTP is delivered to the personal accounts you have on file with the college. It is important to maintain this information.
· Do I have to use an OTP every time I log in? No. You only need to use an OTP when you log into a new device for the first time. You have the option to “Remember This Device” when you log in for the first time. Note this is browser specific.
· Do students need to use an OTP to log in for the first time? No. At this time, students do not need to access an OTP to log in.
If you would like a classroom visit to support you and your students in using Viking Portal, please reach out to Laura Rantala. (email@example.com).
If you have any Viking Portal questions, please reach out to our IITS Faculty & Staff Help Desk. Phone: (562) 938-4357 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org