Request for Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Instructional and Information Technology Services Procedure
Several federal and state mandates regulate the adoption, purchasing, and procurement of information and communication technology (ICT) — the capture, storage, retrieval, processing, display, representation, presentation, organization, management, security, transfer, and interchange of data and information (ISO/IEC 2382).
Since Long Beach City College relies upon a variety of internal and external applications, hardware, and services to support core business functions, the District must perform its due diligence to protect the rights and privacy of its community and personnel as well as the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its information systems.
As a result, the individual or business unit endorsing the ICT (Project Owner) shall follow the procedure outlined below.
ICT Request Procedure
ICT shall be adopted, purchased, or otherwise procured only after the Project Owner has attained and submitted:
- An Accessibility Assessment for 508 Compliance.
- A Vendor Risk Assessment to evaluate security risks.
- A Technical Assessment to evaluate the technology itself.
Note: A technical liaison can help guide you through the processes above.
Furthermore, a PeopleSoft Purchasing Order shall be created only after the following additional processes have occurred:
- Documentation for the three processes above is attached to the PeopleSoft Requisition.
- The IITS ICT Approver approves the purchase in PeopleSoft.
The Project Owner shall consult with a technical liaison from one of the following departments to discuss subjects such as expectations, technical details and requirements, potential alternatives, etc.
- Application Development & Support for enterprise-level, off-premise, and internally developed software.
- Instructional and User Support Services for hardware and software that is intended for instructional or office use.
- Online Learning and Educational Technology for products that support online learning.
- Network Services for hardware and software that supports campus infrastructure.