VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC)
Helping veterans, service members, and their families succeed and thrive
The Vet Success on Campus program (VSOC) is a partnership between the US Department of Veterans Affairs and Long Beach City College designed to place experienced VA counselors at schools to assist the growing number of Veterans on college campuses. VSOC counselors provide resources to help Veterans achieve their academic goals, find meaningful careers and utilize the full extent of all their VA benefits. The counselors collaborate with school certifying officials, perform outreach, and communicate with student Veterans. They make sure Veterans’ health, educational, and benefit needs are met; helping them reach their education and career goals.
The VA has placed trained counselors at 92 college and university campuses throughout the nation. Long Beach City College is proud to be selected as a VSOC site and welcomes all veterans to take advantage of our support services.
When using these services, your VetSuccess on Campus counselor can assist you with the following:
- Information on VA educational benefits to include the Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), and other VA and non-VA educational benefits
- Information, guidance, and support while using your VA educational benefits
- Accessing, understanding and applying for VA benefits to include Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, disability compensation, Life Insurance, Home Loan Guaranty and other benefits and services
- Transition support services
- Vocational exploration and career counseling services
- Assistance with electing healthcare benefits through the Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
- Information, and referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible veterans and their family members