return of the Trades Celebrated at LBCC Inaugural Career technical Education Night
The community is invited to celebrate and learn about the Career Technical Education (CTE) programs offered at the Long Beach Community College District on Fri., May 17 from 4 – 8 p.m., at the Pacific Coast Campus. The inaugural CTE Night is a free, family-friendly event that will include games, activities and demonstrations featuring various LBCCD CTE programs.
Highlights from CTE Night include:
- The award-winning Robotics program in action
- Experience welding through virtual reality machines
- Playing “Red Light, Green Light” with the Electrical program’s traffic signals
- 3D printing with Advanced Manufacturing
- A mini car show with Automotive Technology
- Design creations by the Fashion program
- Healthy snacks provided by the Nutrition & Dietetic Program
The Pacific Coast Campus is located at 1305 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., Long Beach, CA, 90806. Parking is free in Lots 1 & Lot 2. The event will celebrate the many new certificates and degrees recently availed to students at LBCC.
Registration is currently open for Summer Session and Fall Semester.
About Long Beach City College
Long Beach City College consists of two campuses with an enrollment of more than 25,000 students each semester. The education program’s primary purpose is to prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate-granting institutions, entry into work or career development, and to support businesses in economic development. Long Beach City College serves the cities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Signal Hill and Avalon. Long Beach City College promotes equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high-quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities.