Learning Tools for Students
We are here to help you succeed in pursuing your academic goals. Check out all the valuable resources and learning tools available for LBCC students.
As you successfully complete certain courses at LBCC, you can take exams and earn industry certificates at our computer labs.
Internet Computing Core Competencies (IC3) Global Standard 5 (GS5)
IC3, GS5 Exam is a certification that is comprised of three exams: Computing Fundamentals that provides a global standard, digital standard for industry certification. IC3 includes concepts and skills that apply to almost any school or career pathway, it’s the ideal solution for any student or job seeker looking to validate their digital skills.
- COSA 30 - Introduction to Computers: IC3, GS5 – Computing Fundamentals, Living Online, Key Applications
Microsoft Office Specialist on Microsoft Office 2016
This certification demonstrates that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office by earning a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in a specific Office program.
- COSA 15 – Microsoft Excel for Windows: Excel 2016
- COSA 20 – Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows: PowerPoint 2016
- COSA 10 – Microsoft Word for Windows: Word 2016
- COSA 215 – Microsoft Outlook for Windows: Outlook 2016
check out more Industry Certifications offered by COS department.
COS Industry Certification Flyer
Business Information Worker PATHWAY
What can a Business Information Worker Pathway offer you?
In 2 years or less, you can gain the skills to graduate and be successful. The pathway was developed by educators and vetted by business as part of the Doing What Matters Framework to provide graduates with the common skills that employers demand.
LBCC College Support & Student Resources
Find all the LBCC services and tools available to help you navigate through college life.
- Class Registration Support
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Tutoring Help & Learning Communities
- Campus Services & Student Life
- Degree Planning & Counseling
- Career Support & Job Training
- Strategies for Transfer and Graduation
- Community Resources
- Student Equity Programs, and much more