Learning Tools for Students
We are here to help you succeed in pursuing your academic goals. Check out all the valuable resources and learning tools available for LBCC students.
Nutrition Student Hub
LBCC Nutrition & Dietetics Student Club
The Nutrition Club participates in community events promoting healthy eating and good nutrition.
Learn more about LBCC Student Club, Viking Volunteer Programs, Recreational Sports Programs, and Leadership Programs.
ServSafe Food Protection Management Certification
The Nutrition and Dietetics program at Long Beach City College offers two courses to obtain their ServSafe Food Protection Manager certification. Please see the following ways that you can attend one of our courses.
- The NUTR 24 course (Food safety and sanitation) is only offered during the Fall semester. The Fall semester is 16 weeks long. The NUTR 24 course is three units and is required for the Dietary Service Supervisor program (DSS). However, it is open to community students too. The students will take the ServSafe manager exam by the completion of this course.
- The NUTR 253 course (ServSafe) is a one-unit class only offered during four weeks of the Spring semester. The class is offered both online and hybrid. The students will take the Servsafe Manager exam at the end of four weeks.
This certificate is required for those working in the foodservice and healthcare industries and meets the California State Health Code.
March is National Nutrition Month
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits. We celebrate National Nutrition Month!
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals founded in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1917, by a visionary group of women dedicated to helping the government conserve food and improve the public’s health and nutrition during World War I.
Today, the Academy has over 100,000 credentialed practitioners — registered dietitian nutritionists, dietetic technicians, registered, and other dietetics professionals holding undergraduate and advanced degrees in nutrition and dietetics, and students — and is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education, and advocacy.
The Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (ANFP) is a national not-for-profit association established in 1960 that today has more than 14,000 professionals dedicated to the practice of providing optimum nutritional care through foodservice management.
Nutrition & Dietetics students can visit ServSafe – National Restaurant Association to check if they passed and obtained the ServSafe certification from the National Restaurant Association. LBCC’s Nutrition & Dietetics program is offering the ServSafe exam during the Fall and Spring semester.
Please visit our program of study.
LBCC College Support & Student Resources
Find all the LBCC services and tools available to help you navigate through college life.
- Class Registration Support
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Tutoring Help & Learning Communities
- Campus Services & Student Life
- Degree Planning & Counseling
- Career Support & Job Training
- Strategies for Transfer and Graduation
- Community Resources
- Student Equity Programs, and much more