COVID-19 Update: Communicating with Students, Mail Room, and Help Desk
Here is you daily COVID-19 update.
Reminder to Faculty about Communicating with Students
- With yesterday’s announcement that the temporary remote instruction will go on until the end of the 2020 Spring Semester, faculty are reminded to please communicate with your students about your courses especially if you are still in the process of transitioning to remote instruction. An email from Dr. Kathy Scott, Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs will provide additional information for faculty.
- To continue to learn how to work in Canvas, please visit the Faculty Resource page which includes help guides and videos.
Mailroom will be open
During the campus closure, LBCC’s mailrooms will be open to receive mail and other items. There will be further instructions regarding pick-up.
Remote Help Desk during the closure
The IITS Help Desk will be available for colleagues during the closure. Please email helpdesk@LBCC.edu or call x4357 for assistance.
General info about campus closure starting Mon, March 23
- Most faculty, administration and operational personnel will be working remotely, with some essential personnel to remain on campus starting Mon., March 23, 2020. Buildings will be closed to all non-essential personnel beginning Mon., March 23, 2020. Please check with your supervisor if you need clarification on your work location. The anticipated date of return is Mon., June 8, 2020. However, this date may change as this health crisis evolves.
- All personnel asked to work remotely would need to perform their assigned duties during their normal assigned work schedule. In cases where regularly assigned duties are not critical and/or cannot be performed remotely, alternate critical tasks may be assigned to some personnel.
- Employees can take their LBCC-assigned desktop and/or laptops home. Employees may use their own personal computer if they choose. Employees will not be reimbursed for phone/cell phone or internet service while working remotely.
- Employees should copy documents to their Office 365/One Drive so they can access their files remotely. Please click here for guides to access Office 365 from the web, and how to install office apps on a personal computer via Office 365.
- If you are working remotely, you can forward your work phone line to your home phone or cell phone where you can be reached. But please know that you can also make phone calls through Skype for Business.
- Effective Tues., March 17, 2020, payroll checks will not be available for pick-up at the either the LAC or PCC Cashier’s Office. To those not currently enrolled in Direct Deposit, your payroll checks will be mailed to your current address on file until further notice. Any checks that have yet to be picked up at either of the Cashier’s Offices will also be mailed. If you have any questions, please contact the Payroll Department at (562) 938-4924.
- Please sign up for text messages to receive notifications from LBCC if you have not already done so.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to your supervisor for further clarification.
We will continue to provide our faculty, classified staff, and managers updated information through various communication methods. Please also check www.LBCC.edu/Coronavirus for the latest info, including a frequently updated General Information FAQ, Student FAQ, and Faculty/Staff FAQ.