Second Year Experience
Learn about SYE eligibility and benefits
The LBCC Second Year Experience (SYE) program is designed for First Year Experience (FYE) students who have completed 24 or more units. We offer transfer and academic support, career exploration, and engagement opportunities designed to help you reach your complete your goals.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 562-938-5180, or visit us in LAC A-1153.
Eligibility for the Second Year Experience
- Participated in the First Year Experience (FYE) Program
- Completed 24 or more semester units by the end of the summer of your first year
- Apply to FAFSA or CA Dream Act
- Enroll into at least 12 units at LBCC each Fall and Spring semester
Benefits of the Second Year Experience
- Access to your LBCC SYE Success network, comprised of Success Coaches, Counselors, and Administrative Staff available to support you
- Assistance with career development and transfer
- Dedicated Canvas page
- Opportunities for engagement with your SYE community