Social Justice & Intercultural Center
The Social Justice Inter-Cultural Center (SJIC) is a space designed to house an array of equity-rooted programs and services, and provide a space where students can access resources, research, work, and organize around issues related to social justice and/or equity.
Our goal is to support the mission of Long Beach City College through works of equity and advocacy. Alongside campus and community partners students will leave the center able to build community, live in solidarity equipped with the tool to create a just campus for all.
- Healing and Advocacy Circles
- Immigration + DACA
- Transgender, Genderqueer, and Nonconforming Inclusion
- Create safe spaces that foster deep cultural knowledge and a sense of self-awareness
- Assess trends in campus climate and identify barriers
- Work with on-campus partners to address these equity concerns
2019-2020 Focus Populations
- Asian Pacific Islander
- Native American
- Advocacy and Engagement through culturally relevant programming
- Equity Leadership and Professional Development Training
- Cultivating community partnerships