LBCC Kicks Off Nationwide Search for New President
Applications are due Oct. 20, 2021
The Long Beach Community College District (LBCCD) Board of Trustees has begun a nationwide search for a new Superintendent-President. Applications are due on Thu, Oct. 20, 2021.
“We’re very excited about our search for a permanent Superintendent-President as we enter this new chapter of Long Beach City College,” said Uduak-Joe Ntuk, LBCCD Board of Trustees President. “The Board of Trustees and I are confident that we will find a strong leader who will not only provide guidance to our employees, but someone who will build on LBCC’s legacy of academic excellence, who will lead the College through our accreditation process, update our Strategic Plan and advance our award-winning racial equity efforts.”
The timeline is as follows:
- The Board of Trustees will establish a search committee representing Long Beach City College internal and external stakeholders by Oct. 8, 2021
- The Committee will screen applications from Oct. 15 – Nov. 5, 2021
- The Committee will conduct first-round interviews during the week of Nov. 16 – Nov. 19, 2021
- Forums will be conducted from Nov. 30 – Dec. 3, 2021
- The Board will conduct interviews Dec. 6 – Dec. 9, 2021
- The Board is expected to select the new Superintendent- President on Dec. 15, 2021
- The new Superintendent-President starts on Jan. 1, 2022
Executive search firm PPL Inc. was selected to conduct the search.
For more information, including how to apply, the composition of the search committee, and the job duties, visit our Presidential Search webpage.
About Long Beach City College
Long Beach City College consists of two campuses with an enrollment of over 25,000 students each semester and serves the cities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Signal Hill, and Avalon. LBCC promotes equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Visit www.LBCC.edu for more information about Long Beach City College.
LBCC Associate Director
Communications & Community Engagement