Academic Computing Centers
Computer labs and printing services
The Academic Computing Center provides LBCC students and faculty with computer labs for lectures, assignments, and tutoring. Our computers are installed with all the necessary software to meet your academic needs, including Microsoft Office and more.
The Academic Computing Centers are located on the LAC and PCC campuses in L-251 and LL-216 respectively. You will need your LBCC Student ID to sign in and a current photo ID is required to check out any materials.
No appointment is necessary.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Thursday||7:00 am – 8:30 pm||LAC, PCC|
|Friday||7:00 am – 3:00 pm||LAC, PCC|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 3:00 pm||LAC, PCC|
Policies & Procedures
- Long Beach City College’s computers are for academic purposes only. All computer use, including the Internet, is monitored by the District.
- There is a 2-hour time limit on the use of any computer.
- Noise in the lab must be kept to a minimum; if you are listening to anything you must use headphones. Headphones are available for checkout at the reception desk.
- Food and drinks of any kind are not allowed in the lab or around any computer workstations.
- All work left on the computer will be automatically deleted at the end of the day.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage to the equipment or facility due to misuse or accident.
- The staff reserves the right to view any assignment and may do so periodically to monitor activities in the lab.
- LBCC is not responsible for the loss of any data that may occur.
- Students who act in violation of the policies or the LBCC Acceptable Use Policy, will not be allowed in the lab.
Print, Scan & Copy Services
Standard Printing and Copying
All computers in the library are connected to the printing stations located throughout the library. The cost for the services can be seen in the following chart.
Cash and debit/credit cards are accepted.
|Black & white page||$0.10/page||$0.10/page|
Long Beach City College now offers wireless printing at both campuses from your laptop or mobile device. These services can be accessed by visiting the LBCC Web Printing Service web page and entering your Student ID. No additional software is needed.