College & Career Access Pathways
College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP) is a dual enrollment opportunity for 9-12 grade students from the following selected districts: Long Beach Unified (LBUSD), Norwalk-La Mirada (NLM), and Intellectual Virtues Academy (IVA). Students participate in tuition free courses that are specially-selected and designed to help students obtain 12 or more units by high school graduation.
- Active 9-12th grade high school student at LBUSD, NLM, or IVA
- No minimum GPA requirement
- Free college courses + loaned textbooks
- Access to LBCC student support services
- Earn up to 12 transferable units/credit and save time towards obtaining a degree or certificate.
1. Apply for Admission
- Complete the free online application by creating an OPENCCC account and completing an application for the Summer/Fall or Winter/Spring semester at LBCC.
- Only first-time applicants will receive a college acceptance email with an LBCC student ID number approximately 48-72 hours after applying.
- (Students must re-apply if they stopped attending LBCC for two consecutive main terms (Fall & Spring).
2. Submit Your Dual Enrollment Form
- Once you receive your Viking ID number, complete the High School Dual Enrollment Form.
- Submit the form to LBCC’s Admissions Drop Box OR in person at the Admissions & Records (A&R) office at LAC, A-1075 or PCC, GG-102.
- You will get an email from the LBCC A&R team that your form has been processed within 48-72 hours.
- Important: The form must be fully complete with all required signatures to be approved by the LBCC A&R office. Form only needs to be submitted one-time for dual enrollment participation.
3. Set Up Viking Portal & Complete New Student Orientation
- Using your Viking ID number, set up your Viking Portal through the Viking Student Login.
- Click “New/Forgotten Password” to create a password.
- Access the New Student Orientation in the “Student Service” tile, then click on “My Orientations” tab.
- To receive credit, you must complete the “New Student Orientation” and complete the final test with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Your account hold will be removed after 3 hours of successful completion. This is a requirement to register for classes.
4. Register For Classes
First-time students must receive a message from LBCC Admissions & Records confirming that the dual enrollment form has been processed.
- Eligible dual enrollment student will be able to register for classes during LBCC’s open registration (See LBCC’s Registration Dates)
- To access your Ed Plan (Degree Planner) click on the “Build Schedule” tab, then click on “My Ed Plan (Degree Planner)”.
- To register for those classes, select “Class Search and Enroll” also located on the left menu column.
- All courses and textbooks will be free of charge.
- Students may enroll in dual enrollment classes at their high school and at LBCC at the same time, if interested.
- Per Federal Educational Privacy Laws (FERPA), parents/guardians will not have access to the student’s records, including grades & transcripts, without their written consent. Visit FERPA FAQs for more information.
- All students, including dual enrollment students, must adhere to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy to be eligible for financial aid upon enrolling as an entering freshman at LBCC. Visit LBCC SAP Policy.
- Eligibility for the Long Beach College Promise will not be affected by taking college courses.
Long Beach Unified School District
The Long Beach Unified School District consists of 16 schools with a Pathway in Linked Learning. The goal is for students to earn 12 College Units & Hospitality Management, Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T). View CCAP LBUSD Flyer.
Norwalk-La Mirada consists of 2 schools with a Pathway in Horticulture. The goal is for students to earn a certificate in Horticulture, Certificate of Achievement (ACH).
Intellectual Virtues Academy
Intellectual Virtues Academy consists of 1 school with a Pathway in General Education. The goal is for students to earn 12 College Units. Available classes will be uploaded as they are approved.