Long Beach College Promise
For LBUSD Students
The Long Beach College Promise (LBCP) is an exclusive partnership for Long Beach Unified School District (LBUSD) students. To be eligible, students must enroll at LBCC directly following graduation from an LBUSD high school. In addition to the opportunities outlined for Viking Advantage, LBUSD students will also be eligible for 2 years of free tuition and the LBCP Promise 2.0.
To be eligible, students must enroll at LBCC directly following graduation from an eligible LBUSD high school. In addition to the opportunities outlined for Viking Advantage, LBUSD students will also be eligible for 2 years of free tuition and the LBCP Promise 2.0.
- Be an LBUSD graduate.
- Enroll at LBCC directly following graduation from high school.
- Be first-time college students.
- Enroll in at least 12 units at LBCC per semester.
- Apply to FAFSA or CA Dream Act.
- Complete the participation agreement (Deadline: 8/1/19, Exceptions made for extenuating circumstances only, contact the Welcome Center).
- Must be a CA resident.
- The Long Beach College Promise admits students in the Fall semester only.
List of eligible LBUSD schools
- California Academy of Mathematics & Science (CAMS)
- Educational Partnership High School (EPHS)
- Long Beach Adult School
- Poly Academy of Achievers & Leaders (PAAL)
- Sato Academy of Mathematics & Science
- St. Anthony
- St. Joseph
As a Long Beach College Promise student, you would receive ALL of the benefits of the Viking Advantage Program PLUS:
- Two years of free tuition at LBCC (Fall and Spring terms only)
- Eligibility for Promise 2.0
What is the Promise 2.0?
The Long Beach College Promise 2.0 is a guaranteed transfer admission pathway to California State University Long Beach (CSULB) and is available for the following 10 majors:
- Communication Studies
- Business Administration
(Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Info Systems, International Business)
- Criminal Justice
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Engineering & Computer Science
- Studio Art
(All BA Options – Fiber, Metals & Wood, Ceramics, Drawing & Painting, Graphic Design, Illustration & Animation, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Art Education)
- Liberal Studies, Education
Promise 2.0 students will have access to:
- Dual Advisement from LBCC Counselors and CSULB Academic Advisors.
- Goal Clarification and Career Exploration Opportunities.
- A “future student” CSULB ID card while attending LBCC. With the future student ID card students will gain access to select CSULB Athletic events, the CSULB library, and select student clubs and organizations.
Additional Requirements for Promise 2.0:
- Be an LBUSD high school graduate
- Complete the Promise 2.0 student agreement.
- Take a prescriptive set of courses to transfer to CSULB.
- Meet all eligibility requirements for transfer to CSULB.
Applying for the LB College Promise or Promise 2.0
You can complete and submit the student participation agreement within your Viking Student System. Please note that there is a separate agreement for Long Beach College Promise and Promise 2.0.
- Go to https://www.lbcc.edu.
- Hover over Quicklinks.
- Select Viking Student Login.
- Enter your log-in credentials.
- Once logged in, go to your Student Center page
- Under LBCC Important Information you will see a link to Participation Agreement.
- Select Participation Agreement and click View.
- Read and submit the agreement.
|Viking Advantage||LB College Promise||Promise 2.0|
|1st Year Free||×||×||×|
|2nd Year Free||×||×|
(Career Development & Mentoring)
|Priority Registration for Fall & Spring Semesters||×||×||×|
|Transfer Admissions Pathways to Specific Majors at CSULB||×|
|Dual Advisement & Future Student Benefits w/ CSULB||×|
|Open to All First-Time/Full-Time College Students||×|
|Open to LBUSD Students Who Enroll Full-time||×||×|