LONG BEACH COLLEGE PROMISE
The Long Beach College Promise (LBCP) is an exclusive partnership for Long Beach Unified School District (LBUSD) students. To be eligible, students must enroll at LBCC directly following graduation from a LBUSD high school. In addition to the opportunities outlined for Viking Advantage, LBUSD students will also be eligible for 2 years of free tuition and the LBCP Promise 2.0.
|Eligibility for the Long Beach College Promise
- Be an LBUSD graduate.
- Enroll at LBCC directly following graduation from high school.
- Be first-time college students.
- Enroll in at least 12 units at LBCC per semester.
- Apply to FAFSA or CA Dream Act.
- Complete the participation agreement.
|Benefits of the Long Beach College Promise
As a Long Beach College Promise student, you would receive ALL of the benefits of the Viking Advantage Program PLUS:
- Two years of free tuition at LBCC (for Fall and Spring terms only)
- Eligibility for Promise 2.0
| What is LBCP Promise 2.0?
|It is a guaranteed transfer admission pathway to California State University Long Beach (CSULB). It is available for the following 10 majors:
- Communication Studies
- Business Administration
(Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Info Systems, International Business)
- Criminal Justice
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Engineering & Computer Science
- Studio Art
(All BA Options – Fiber, Metals & Wood, Ceramics, Drawing & Painting, Graphic Design, Illustration & Animation, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Art Education)
- Liberal Studies, Education
Promise 2.0 students will have access to:
- Dual Advisement from LBCC Counselors and CSULB Academic Advisors.
- Goal Clarification and Career Exploration Opportunities.
- A “future student” CSULB ID card while attending LBCC. With the future student ID card students will gain access to select CSULB Athletic events, the CSULB library, and select student clubs and organizations.
Additional Requirements for Promise 2.0:
- Complete the Promise 2.0 student agreement.
- Take a prescriptive set of courses to transfer to CSULB.
- Meet all eligibility requirements for transfer to CSULB.
|How to apply for Long Beach College Promise and/or Promise 2.0?
You can complete and submit the student participation agreement within your Viking Student System. Please note that there is a separate agreement for Long Beach College Promise and Promise 2.0.
- Go to https://www.lbcc.edu.
- Hover over Quicklinks.
- Select Viking Student Login.
- Enter your log-in credentials.
- Once logged in, go to your Student Center page
- Under LBCC Important Information you will see a link to Participation Agreement.
- Select Participation Agreement and click View.
- Read and submit the agreement.