COVID-19 Update: Remote Instruction Until the End of Spring
Campuses will be closed until June 8
Dear Campus Community,
Based on guidance from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office as well as state and local officials, we have crucial changes to Long Beach City College’s response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Below are some very important updates. Please note that these actions may change at any time in response to this fluid situation.
- Long Beach City College will continue the temporary remote instruction/online until the end of the 2020 Spring Semester. This means that students and faculty will continue the temporary remote instruction through the end of the Spring Semester.
- At this time, the new anticipated date of return to campus for LBCC employees (with exception of those who have been deemed essential personnel) is Mon., June 8, 2020. The anticipated date of return for students and the members of the public to campus is the first day of Summer Session on Wed., June 10, 2020. However, these dates may change as the COVID-19 health crisis evolves.
- There is a high likelihood that the Summer sessions will be conducted solely online.
- A decision about the 2020 LBCC Commencement Ceremony has not be made at this time.
- The Pacific Coast Campus will be completely closed starting Mon., March 23, 2020. The only essential personnel that will be onsite are those required to ensure the safety and security of buildings and grounds.
- The Liberal Arts Campus will be closed to all but essential personnel starting Mon., March 23, 2020. All essential personnel, their location, and dates/times of onsite presence require the pre-approval of the appropriate vice president.
- LBCC Child Development Centers are closed until further notice.
- The Wed., March 25 Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees meeting will be held remotely and may be viewed online at www.LBCC.edu.
Current Timeline (Dates subject to change as the COVID-19 health crisis evolves.)
|Now – End of Spring 2020 Semester||Students will receive temporary remote instruction/online instruction from LBCC faculty, where possible. Check for the latest list of classes.|
|Mon, March 23||Pacific Coast Campus will be completely closed on this date.|
|Mon, March 23||Liberal Arts Campus will be closed to all but essential personnel only.|
|Wed, March 25||Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees meeting will be held remotely and may be viewed online at www.lbcc.edu.|
|TBD||A decision about the 2020 LBCC Commencement Ceremony has not be made at this time.|
|Mon, June 8||New anticipated date of return to campus for LBCC employees (with exception of those who are deemed essential personnel).|
|Wed, June 10||The anticipated date of return for students and the members of the public to campus is the first day of the Summer Session.|
|TBD||LBCC Child Development Centers are closed until further notice.|
For the most up-to-date information, resources and guides, please visit www.LBCC.edu/Coronavirus.
LBCC also has a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that are updated frequently. The FAQs are divided by: General questions for all students, faculty and staff; Student FAQ; and Faculty/Staff FAQ.
This is an unprecedented time for the entire nation. Long Beach City College will continue to work with our students, faculty, and staff as we weather this extraordinary situation together.