On this page you can find a variety of guides and videos to support many of the other technologies found at LBCC. Have a suggestion for this page? Let us know!
Web Browser Support
Instructions to clear browser history/cache & update your browser
When you contact the Student Technology Help Desk (STHD) we might ask you if you have cleared your browser history/cache. What does that mean? Why do we ask?
Sometimes when webpages are not loading properly, or browsers are acting funny, a potential solution is to clear out browsing history and delete cookies. We may ask you to walk though this process. If you are ever having trouble loading a site, another possible solution is to simply switch browsers. For instance, if you are using Chrome, try Mozilla Firefox instead to troubleshoot.
What is cache? Cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit. What are cookies? Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
Instructions to update your web browser
It is important to keep your browsers up-to-date to have the latest security updates and performance features.
Citrix Labs Support
Citrix Labs are a virtual environment for students to access technologies needed for specific classes. Not all students will have access to Citrix as it is course-specific. Your instructor will inform you if you will need to access Citirx for your class.
Citrix Help Guides
- (Note, this is the web version. It is suggested you start with this option)
- (Used to access Adobe products within the online Citrix environment)
- (Used to access Adobe products within the Citrix environment on your PC)
- (Used to access Adobe products within the Citrix environment on your Mac)
Citrix Help Videos
- Accessing Citrix
- Saving Files from the Citrix Workspace
- Saving Files from Citrix: Viking Portal Route
LBCC TechConnect Zoom Support
Zoom is an application that allows you to meet with your
instructors and various services on campus. Some classes use the
LBCC TechConnect Zoom plug-in within Canvas, while others may
post a link in another location for you to access.
If you are meeting in Zoom, it is suggested you communicate with your instructor as to the location of your Zoom meetings.
Zoom Help Guides
- How to join a regular Zoom meeting
- In-meeting controls guide
- Learn how to update your Zoom client: Zoom Updates
- Using Zoom on Chromebook