Did you know that Accounting is referred to as the “language of business”? Every company in every industry uses Accounting information to make decisions, even in times of economic downturn.
By studying Accounting, you will learn to prepare and interpret the financial data needed by management to run a business. You will be exposed to the operations of every department within an organization. Whether you want to work for a corporation, go into public accounting, work for the government or start your own business, Accounting will give you the tools necessary to be successful.
Careers in Financial Accounting, Tax, Managerial Accounting, Audit and more!
- Start your career in bookkeeping, Accounts Receivable, Accountants Payable or Payroll.
- Continue your education and earn the designation of Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
- Choose to work in any industry as all companies need accounting or choose to work in public accounting and get exposed to many different industries.
- Start your own business in tax preparation or bookkeeping.
Degrees & Certificates
Explore the degrees and certificates offered by Accounting Program.
Associate in Arts Degree (AA), Business: Accounting
Plan Code: 1100 – The Associate Degree in Business: Accounting consists of the prescribed GE requirements, as well as the required accounting coursework. Students earning this Associate Degree may be prepared to 1) transfer to a baccalaureate degree granting institution in the field of their concentration and/or 2) enter into the workforce at an entry-level position relating to their field of emphasis.
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Ensure that 85% of all courses meet or exceed their outcome/assessment goals and develop appropriate action plans for continuous improvement.
- Develop strategies throughout all Accounting courses to enhance the development of our students’ critical-thinking skills: their ability to reason, ask appropriate questions, make strong decision and communicate/collaborate effectively and efficiently.
- Improve the levels of success and retention for students of the Accounting program.
Certificate of Achievement, Business: Accounting
Plan Code: 3100 – The Certificate of Achievement in Accounting will prepare a student for advancement into a baccalaureate-degree granting institution and/or for an entry-level position in the accounting function in a small/medium sized business.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Business: Foundations of Accounting
Plan Code: 4200 – The Certificate of Accomplishment in Foundations of Accounting may prepare a student to continue toward the attainment of a Certificate of Achievement: Accounting, an Associate Degree and/or for an entry-level position in the accounting function of a small/ medium-sized business.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Business: Money & Banking
Plan Code: 4144 – The Certificate of Accomplishment in Money & Banking will prepare a student to continue toward the attainment of an Associate Degree and/or for an entry-level position in a small/medium-sized business in a financial or banking industry, and in functions such as accounting and budget planning.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Business: Business Economics
Plan Code: 4145 – The Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Economics will prepare a student to continue toward the attainment of an Associate Degree and/or for an entry-level position in a small/medium-sized business in functions such as accounting, finance or budget planning. Additionally, this may prepare the student for a variety of starting positions in government planning.
View courses offered in different semesters to assist in academic plannings.
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Accounting
Introduction to Business