Pilot Communication Studies Page
The Department of Communication Studies firmly believes that experience-based learning is the most effective means of achieving the lessons of human communication. Our department is dedicated to ensuring that students enter the world better prepared to meet future communication challenges and opportunities.
The Communication Studies department offers courses and hands-on learning opportunities that benefit students academically, professionally and personally. Students develop their public speaking, leadership, critical thinking and performance skills. Additionally, students will enhance their ability to communicate effectively in interpersonal, intercultural, and small-group contexts. The Communication Studies curriculum prepares students to become highly effective communicators and versatile professionals.
By earning a Communication Studies Associate degree at LBCC, you will:
- Develop practical oral and written communication skills.
- Apply leadership and critical thinking to real world challenges.
- Engage in professional, experiential learning opportunities.
- Improve your marketing and hiring prospects.
Start your career as a professional and/or specialist in the areas below!
- Public Relations Specialists
- Editors and Copy Writers
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Agents and Business Managers
- Program Directors
- Reporters and Correspondents
Degrees & Certificates
Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T), Communication Studies
Associate in Arts (AA), Communications Studies