You identify as AB540 or undocumented student
DREAM Services is dedicated to serving undocumented students through advocacy, guidance, and support. We can assist with your academic counseling, textbooks, legal consultations, and more. Our mission is to support the advancement of undocumented students within higher education and promote pathways for engaged scholarship.
Follow the steps to enroll as a new or returning student if you previously attended and would like to return.
STEP 1: Complete the LBCC Admission Application
- Create a CCC Apply log-in, and password, and begin your online application below.
- If you have a DACA social security number, do not include it. It is not necessary.
- In the residency section, under Citizenship & Immigration select “Other” from the drop-down. Leave the visa information blank, and check “No documents” to proceed.
STEP 2: Apply for Financial Aid Through the CA DREAM Act Application
- Complete your CA DREAM Act Application.
- Male students should register for Selective Service in the application.
- Review the “Confirmation Page” after applying and save your nine-digit CA DREAM Act ID number, which will be unique to you.
STEP 3: Review Your ID and Complete Your Orientation
- Check your email within 1-2 days after applying to receive your ID number.
- Use your seven-digit student ID to set up your Viking Portal.
- Complete your online orientation.
STEP 4: Submit AB-540 affidavit to Admissions & Records
- Your financial aid application will not be processed until you submit official high school transcripts and your AB540 affidavit, also known as the .
- Complete your affidavit, save your changes, and upload directly to Admissions and Records using the Microsoft SharePoint folder here.
STEP 5: Set Up Your LBCC Financial Aid Portal
- Check the status of your financial aid through your Viking Portal.
- Enter your name exactly the way it appears in your CA DREAM Act.
- Use the nine-digit CA DREAM Act ID to create your account.
- To access your CA DREAM ACT ID, log into your CA DREAM Act Application, select Sign & Submit > Cal Sar > and the print Icon to view the PDF Student Aid Summary Document
- You will need your nine-digit CA DREAM Act ID appears on the top. Save it for future use.
STEP 6: Apply For Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- EOPS is a state-funded retention and support program. The mission of EOPS is to identify and assist students who are affected by social, economic, educational, or language disadvantages. Benefits included dedicated counseling, priority registration, and more.
- Review your ‘Task’ after your financial aid application is processed to check for eligibility.
STEP 7: Meet With a DREAM Counselor to Explore Educational Plan (Degree Planner)
- Schedule a phone, zoom, or in-person counseling appointment with our DREAM Counselors, discuss your academic goals, and review Educational Plan (Degree Planner).
- A counselor will provide you with course recommendations, information for reaching your academic goals, and helpful next steps.
STEP 8: Enroll in Classes
- Review your registration date and enroll in classes using the Viking Student System.
- If you need assistance with registration, stop by the Welcome Center.
STEP 9: Paying Student Fees
- Review your account balance and summary of charges in your Viking Portal in the “Student Account” tile.
- Your balance will automatically be adjusted if you’re eligible for aid.
- Consider making a $20 payment to hold your classes and prevent them from being dropped before the start of the semester.
STEP 10: Get Ready for Classes
- Once enrolled, attend classes to avoid getting dropped. If you cannot attend the first-class meeting, communicate with your professors.
- The waitlist process automatically enrolls waitlisted students when a seat becomes available.
- Will you be taking online learning classes? Test your readiness here.
- Review the campus bookstore to browse course textbooks and materials.