Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state funded community college program that provides “over and above” services to Long Beach City College students from social, economic, educational or language disadvantaged backgrounds. The program supports enrollment, retention, transfer of students, and helps facilitate the successful completion of their educational goals. Our goal is to assist our students to be successful in navigating through their college careers by overcoming barriers that may be hindering their success.
EOPS Services & Benefits
EOPS offers a variety of support programs and services to eligible community college students, which include:
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- Assistance with Financial Aid (FAFSA/CADAA) & Scholarship Applications
- Book Loan Library/Textbook Assistance
- Educational and Cultural Excursions
- Food and Transporation Assistance
- Grad Cap & Gowns
- Priority Registration (Fall & Spring Semesters)
- Specialized Student Success Workshops & On-Campus Events
- School supplies and Much More!
Additional EOPS Supplemental Programs
- CARE Program (Single Parents)
- NextUP Program (Foster Youth)