DEIA Public Art Advisory Group
Grand Unveiling of Building M Mural on March 12th @ 12-2pm!
Exciting news! Everyone is invited to join us on Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12:00-2:00 p.m. on the east side of Building M at the Liberal Arts Campus for the Grand Unveiling of the Building M Mural, entitled Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow by world-renowned artist Paul Botello. Enjoy music and refreshments.
The LBCC Diversity Equity Inclusion Accessibility Public Art Advisory Group prioritizes and honors inclusion by advancing public art on both campuses to create more welcoming spaces for our diverse community. Having art on campus signals a culture of care but also celebrates and empowers Black, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latinx, LGBTQIA+, DSPS, foster students, and other marginalized students affirming that their voices matter on campus.
The Public Art Workgroup is Tasked to:
- Develop the Public Art Program to reflect the diversity of Long Beach City College and Southern California.
- Promote anti-racism on the LBCC college campuses through the diverse presentation of art.
- Contribute to a culture of trust and belonging at LBCC for students, faculty, staff and the community at-large.
- Enhance diversity and accessibility of collections, interpretations, exhibitions, digital content, education, and public programs.
- Deepen engagement and critical discourse in all areas of LBCC, Intersectional Affinity Groups and student communities, with an intentional focus on the most vulnerable groups.