A PURPOSEFUL approach towards academic technology
Strategic Plan Objectives:
4.15 Integrate technology that is designed for students to facilitate the achievement of their educational and career goals.
4.16 Expand the use of the Learning Management System to support learning in all courses.
4.18 Continue to implement educational technologies that support student-paced learning and feedback.
4.19 Adopt and support faculty and students’ use of open education resources.
3C.1 Technology services, professional support, facilities, hardware, and software are appropriate and adequate to support the institution’s management and operational functions, academic programs, teaching and learning, and support services.
3C.2 The institution continuously plans for, updates and replaces technology to ensure its technological infrastructure, quality and capacity are adequate to support its mission, operations, programs, and services.
3C.5 The institution has policies and procedures that guide the appropriate use of technology in the teaching and learning processes.
Implementation & support for Canvas LMS
- Adopt Canvas as LBCCs single LMS
- Evaluate, test, and integrate instructional resources and technologies within LMS (such as: Apps, plugins, publishers, Aleks, Cengage, Turnitin, Cranium Café, Starfish, & more)
- Support SLOs (Student Learning Outcomes) and data collection integration with LMS
- Support early alert and guided pathways integration with LMS
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Support the development and promotion of OER, ZTC, LTC.
- Develop low-cost educational opportunities such as zero textbook cost degrees (Z-degrees)
- Adopt a more systematic and rigorous approach to examine, implement, promote, scale, standardize, and support college wide emerging technology initiatives and participation in statewide technology initiatives
- Support teaching excellence and student success through the use of Adaptive Technologies, Innovative Classrooms, Cloud Tools, & more
- In alignment with CCC Chancellor’s Office Systemwide Technology Initiatives:
- CCC Online Education Initiatives (OEI)
- CCC Education Planning Initiative (EPI)
- CCC Common Assessment Initiative (CAI)
- In alignment with CCC Chancellor’s Office Systemwide Technology Platforms (Project Glue, Data Lake, In-Memory Computing)
- Develop polices, regulations, standards, and processes for evaluating, prioritizing, implementing and centralizing Educational Technology Initiatives & Resources.
- Provide focused faculty and staff support services on emerging technologies.
- Adopt a more systematic and rigorous approach to examine, implement, promote, scale, and support Online education and participation in statewide initiatives
- Support the development of online pathways in alignment with state-wide Guided Pathways efforts
- Support the increase of online and hybrid course and program offerings
- Utilize strategies and techniques from for increasing success for online students, with the goal of eliminating student equity gaps
- Develop polices, regulations, standards, and processes for evaluating, prioritizing, implementing, and supporting faculty and student online learning needs.
- Support and enhance awareness/training on various modes of instruction (Face-to-face, blended, flipped classrooms, hybrid, online).
- Remain current in emerging technological trends and practices
- Utilize technology to support college wide and statewide efforts
- Develop & maintain statewide partnerships and collaboration on emerging technologies
- Continue to provide professional development opportunities that support and encourage discipline currency, expertise in educational technologies (both currently adopted and potentially utilized at the college), and program innovation