A NURTURING system of support
Strategic Plan Objectives:
4.7.1 Support faculty and staff to: Effectively utilize educational technologies to enhance students’ learning experiences and to make the delivery of instruction and classroom management more effective and efficient.
3C.4 The institution provides appropriate instruction and support for faculty, staff, students, and administrators, in the effective use of technology and technology systems related to its programs, services, and institutional operations.
Provide focused faculty, staff and student support services on emerging technologies and online education initiatives to enhance teaching & learning.
- Student readiness: Provide remediation and support as needed for students new to online classes and technology use.
- Support departments in providing the same access to support to online students as on-campus students and equitable technology access.
- Expand Professional Development Opportunities and develop technology training programs & resources for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- for Online Education
- for Open Educational Resources (OER)
- on the utilization of Canvas as a tool for web enhancement of courses to engage students, as well as provide regular and effective student contact
- IITS technology services & resources (Web conferencing, Office 365, Skype, Classroom Technologies, PeopleSoft, & more)
- Develop training materials and tutorials/guides.
- IITS Faculty and Staff Help Desk
- Develop polices, regulations, standards, and processes for evaluating, prioritizing, implementing and centralizing IITS Help Desk services to assure consistency and excellence of service provided
- Student Help Desk Program (STHD)
- Develop polices, regulations, standards, and processes for evaluating, prioritizing, implementing and centralizing Student Technology Help Desk services to assure consistency and excellence of service provided
- Provide equitable support to all students and student-centered support for emerging access to LBCC technology
- Expand STHD program to provide support services to student enrolled in online courses
- Utilize strategies and techniques for increasing student success, with the goal of eliminating student equity gaps.
- Develop & maintain an Online Resource Center/Portal of technology resources for faculty, Staff & Students.
- Develop & maintain statewide partnerships and collaboration linking service resources and pathways that support student success.
- Implement data collection of support services provided to students, staff, and faculty for data driven services and enhancements.