Keeping us CONNECTED
Strategic Plan Objectives:
4.23 Support the LBCCD 2041 Facilities Master Plan while designing for energy conservation, environmental sustainability, and a modern and flexible learning and work environment.
3C.1 Technology services, professional support, facilities, hardware, and software are appropriate and adequate to support the institution’s management and operational functions, academic programs, teaching and learning, and support services.
3C.2 The institution continuously plans for, updates and replaces technology to ensure its technological infrastructure, quality and capacity are adequate to support its mission, operations, programs, and services.
3C.3 The institution assures that technology resources at all locations where it offers courses, programs, and services are implemented and maintained to assure reliable access, safety, and security.
In accordance with the 2041 Facilities Master Plan, replace technology according to the determined replacement cycle. The replacement cycle includes the following equipment:
- Media equipment in classrooms, labs, and meeting rooms.
- Computers in classrooms and teaching stations.
- Computers for permanent positions and computers designated for part-time faculty.
- Data Center equipment including servers, storage, UPS, backup system, communication systems, and the network.
- In order to provide location services for E911, migrate communication services to SIP Lines and implement Emergency Notification system via phones.
- In order to maintain security and optimal levels of service to students and staff, upgrade central communication services on a routine schedule, including email and Skype for Business.
- Build in support mechanisms as academic departments incorporate adaptive software into the curriculum.