Helpful Steps After Counseling
Important steps to review after a counseling session
DEGREE PLANNER (DP)
If a Degree Planner (Educational Plan) was completed during the Counseling Session, you can now view the Degree Planner when you log into the Viking Portal. If you have not met with a counselor to discuss your Degree Planner, please schedule an appointment before accessing your Degree Planner.
- How do I access My Viking portal?
- What is a Degree Planner (Educational Plan)?
- How do I access My Degree Planner?
Registering for courses during your priority registration date is the key to success as a college student. Please check the LBCC Important Dates to plan ahead for registering for future semesters.
- How do I find registration dates and other deadlines? (checkpoint hyperlink check)
- How to VIEW MY REGISTRATION DATE in Student Viking Portal?
- How do I register for my classes?
- Drop/Withdrawal Deadlines: Important deadlines for payments, refunds and adding/dropping classes
- Reapplying to LBCC: Inactive students must re-activate student records to register for classes
You must apply for certificates/degrees at the beginning of your last semester at LBCC to earn your certificates/degrees. Please check the LBCC Important Dates to see the deadlines to submit your application.
- How to Apply for Associate Degree (AA/AS)
- How to Apply for LBCC Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT/AA-T/AS-T)
- How to Apply for LBCC Certificate
- RSVP to 2022 Commencement if you plan to attend the Graduation Ceremony
Planning for transfer takes careful planning. You must complete Major preparation and General Education courses to meet the transfer requirements. Please see below for important websites that will assist you in planning for successful transfer.
- ASSIST: Articulation Agreement that shows major preparation courses for UCs/CSUs
- California State University (CSU): Explore CSU transfer requirements, and Application to CSU campuses
- University of California (UC): Explore UC transfer requirements and application to UC campuses
- UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP): Plan your UC Transfer by creating an account TODAY!
- General Education Patterns: Choose the right GE plan for your degree
- Requesting CSU GE or IGETC Certification: You must request for CSU GE (Plan B) or CSU GE (Plan C) certification to be sent to the 4-year university to verify that you have completed lower-division general education (GE) courses.
- Transfer Events Registration Hub: Register for transfer events that include transfer preparation workshops (Transfer Bootcamp), UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (UC TAG) workshops, application assistance (Transfer Application Assistance Labs), university appointments and workshops, major-specific workshops, transfer fairs, and university tours.
- Transfer Center Canvas: Enroll in Transfer Center Canvas page to learn more about Transfer!