The primary responsibility of the Parking Services staff at Long Beach City College is to provide students, staff, and the surrounding community accessibility to a safe and inviting learning environment. Our team of Parking Services Coordinators is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of parking lots throughout the District. This included resurfacing, proper paint markings, signage, access to state of the art parking permit machines, and the coordination of special events on campus. Our student assistant program employs several student assistants each semester. Their visibility throughout the campus provides guests with an approachable employee with advanced knowledge of the campus; they also enforce all parking regulations.
Parking Regulations & Citations
These rules are enforced to ensure the rights of permit holders, as well as to provide for the safety of people and property.
- Parking permits are required at all times in LAC and PCC parking lots. Parking permits are purchased each semester during registration. After registration, permits may be purchased at the Cashier’s Office at either campus.
- Students and visitors who do not wish to purchase a semester parking permit can obtain a one-day parking permit at either campus. Parking permit machines at LAC are located in lots E, F G, M, O, P and on every floor of the parking structure. At PCC, the machines are located in lots 1, 2 and 5. Meter Parking is available at LAC in Lots D, F, G, H, and on Lew Davis St. There are also 30-minute visitor parking zones at the LAC Campus along the north curb of Carson Street.
- Semester parking permits must be affixed to the lower-left corner of your inside windshield so it is visible from the front of the vehicle.
- Student permits and Daily permits are not valid in metered parking spaces.
- No adjustments will be made for parking citations by the Long Beach Police Department, Campus Division. Individuals wishing to contest citations must do so by following your instructions on your citation. Please visit the Citation Processing Center for any appeals.
- One-day parking permits must be placed in plain view on the vehicle dashboard with the permit facing upward. Students who are having difficulty displaying a permit should go to the Public Safety building for assistance.
- Students driving a convertible-type vehicle can obtain a special permit from the Public Safety Building at the LAC Campus. This special permit can only be obtained after the purchase of a semester parking permit.
- Student permits, daily permits, and metered parking do not authorize parking in staff or other reserved parking spaces except where posted otherwise.
- In LAC Lots G, H and P – after 4 pm, students are allowed to park on a staff stall using a Student Permit. Any other staff stalls will require a Staff Permit to park at all times. At PCC, vehicles are required to display a staff permit when parking on a staff stall at all times.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All vehicles must be parked between the lines of a designated parking space. Backing into parking stalls are not permitted.
- A permit does not guarantee a parking space in the parking lot of choice.
- Citations are issued by the Long Beach Police Department to all vehicles, motorcycles, and mopeds that do not display a properly placed, current parking permit. Students parked in staff or other specially designated areas will also be cited.
- Students may not double park or circle the parking lots to wait for a parking space.
- Motorcycles and mopeds are to be parked only in areas designated for their use. Operators must purchase a current semester parking permit and keep it in their possession. Motorcycles and mopeds may not be driven on campus or parked on sidewalks. Violators will be cited.
- Students, staff, or faculty with state-issued disabled placards are to park in designated spaces. If a disabled parking space is not available, parking is allowed in any other student or staff space. Disabled permits are not valid in a carpool or other reserved spaces.
Regulations pertaining to parking can vary across all parking lots. It is the responsibility of the driver to read the parking regulations that are posted at the entrance of each parking lot.
Electric Vehicle Charging
- EVCS (Electric Vehicle Charging Station) stalls are available at LAC Campus Parking Structure (First Floor) and at PCC Campus Parking Lot 10.
- Vehicles parked on EVCS (Electric Vehicle Charging Station) stalls MUST display LBCC Parking Permit (i.e. Staff Permit, Student Permit, or Day Permit). Vehicles MUST also be charging while parked on EVCS stalls. Failure to do one or both of the above requirements will result in the issuance of a parking citation.
- Vehicles parked on CAV (Clean Air Vehicle) stalls MUST display LBCC Parking Permit (i.e. Staff Permit, Student Permit, or Day Permit). Vehicles MUST also have CAV decal displayed that is issued from DMV visible on the vehicle. Failure to do one or both of the above requirements will result in the issuance of a parking citation.
- All LBCC parking rules apply such as no overnight parking within the hours of 11:30 pm to 5:00 am.
- At the discretion of the Parking Services Department, EVCS or CAV stalls may turn in to regular staff or student stalls if not being used. Those stalls can also be reserved for special event parking. ChargePoint users will be notified of these instances using the ChargePoint App.
- For comments and/or concerns regarding the EVCS or CAV stalls, please contact the Parking Services Department at 562-938-4534.
- For information regarding EV etiquette, please read the following guidelines.