Maritime Center of Excellence
The Port of Long Beach’s Maritime Center of Excellence at Long Beach City College is a program that provides professional development for individuals who want to develop or enhance their knowledge and skills in the supply chain/logistics sector.
These short-term and highly intensive classes have content aligned to industry-specific occupations, such as:
- Logistics Specialist
- Logistics Manager
- Transportation Supervisor
To learn more about the Maritime Center of Excellence training programs, please attend one of our upcoming information sessions.
This program provides job placement services and the content has been designed by industry professionals who know what skills and knowledge are needed to work in the industry and should enhance your existing skillset, no matter your experience in the industry, as well as your marketability. To further enhance your skillsets, customer service for logistics/supply chain modules are embedded into most classes, as are professional networking components and “resume refresh” modules. Some classes also include, at no additional cost, the opportunity to test and earn an industry-recognized credential offered by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
1. I’d like more information on the MCOE program.
For more information call (562) 938-3248 or email us at email@example.com.
2. When are the start and end dates for classes?
2022 MARITIME CENTER OF EXCELLENCE TRAINING SCHEDULE – Upcoming Classes
|Class||Start Date||End Date||Class Days||Times|
|Introduction to Logistics||September 13, 2022||December 22, 2022||Weekly – Tue, Thu||6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|*Classes will be held virtually via Zoom|
*The schedule is subject to change depending on instructor availability and class registration minimums.
3. How much are MCOE classes?
MARITIME CENTER OF EXCELLENCE TRAINING COSTS
|International Transportation & US Customs||$2,230|
|Introduction to Logistics||$3,000|
|Dispatching for Logistics||$3,200|
|Intermediate Transportation Operations||$2,868|
If you cannot afford the registration costs, there are several options for you to obtain funding. Please see question #5.
4. What are my options if I cannot afford the registration costs?
There are several funding options for the MCOE courses.*
Fee waivers and scholarships are only available to students who reside in the state of California.
- 100% funding provided by your Workforce Investment Board (WIB). Please contact your local WIB to determine if you qualify.
- Scholarships. Please complete the scholarship application.
- Fee waivers for extreme hardships (scholarship applicants only). Please complete the scholarship application.
5. What are my options if I am an out-of-state student?
Scholarships, WIB funding, and reduced-cost fee waivers are not available to out-of-state students.
6. I still have additional questions.
Please call or email Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (562) 938-3248