LBCC’s Online Learning & Educational Technology (OLET) division is dedicated to supporting teaching and learning, as well as enhancing student engagement, achievement, & academic success.
Below are a few links to help support your online learning journey:
Types of Online Learning Courses at LBCC
Here at LBCC, Online Learning refers to three types of courses:
- Fully Online: a course that meets 100% Fully Online
- Hybrid: a course that meets partially in a Classroom & Online
- Web-Enhanced: a face-to-face course that meets 100% in a Classroom yet also uses the LMS.
The Fully Online and Hybrid courses are also known as Distance Learning Courses. The Web-Enhanced courses are regular Face-to-Face classes in which your instructor uses online tools (like our LMS) as additional resources for students
PLEASE NOTE: In March 2020, because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, LBCC has transitioned to mostly fully online and now classes will be online in one of two formats:
- Asynchronous – There are no required meetings in real-time; no meeting day/times are listed in the schedule. Asynchronous classes will be noted in the class schedule by the days and time being “Web” and the location being “Online.”
- Synchronous – There are required meetings in real-time; meeting day/time patterns are in the schedule. Some instructors may use a combination of scheduled “real time” meetings (synchronous) and online work accessed on the students’ chosen time (asynchronous meetings), but the required meetings are regularly scheduled and show in the class schedule.
Face-to-Face Meetings (HYBRID)
- Hybrid F2F meetings – Some essential class labs in the trades, CTE, and Health Sciences (Nursing, DMI, etc.) have been approved to meet F2F, then the class schedule will note a room number and times. These classes will be a hybrid format with face-to-face meetings on-campus, and the rest of the content delivered online.
Tips for students new to Online Learning
Below are a few nice videos from Arizona State University and the University of Houston providing some tips to students taking Distance Learning (Hybrid and Full Online) Courses. Although the videos are for their University’s Online Programs, the lessons and tips hold true for our LBCC Online Learning Program.