Photography & Digital Media
Today, photography is everywhere and whether you’re online, or in print, being a photographer is more than just knowing how to take a strong image or use a camera. It is our strong belief that image-makers need more than one tool, with that in mind, our new certificates incorporate courses in motion, web, photography and audio skills.
With an extensive set of class offerings related to photography, we are part of the AA in Arts Degree with a concentration in Fine Art Photography, the Fundamentals of Digital Media Art certificate which gives you an interdisciplinary foundation and the Digital Media: Advanced Production certificate which allows you to get specialize in photography and motion.
Our studios are equipped with the latest equipment and technology across both our campuses such as:
- Traditional black & white wet lab with small, medium and large format capabilities
- Digital Mac computer lab with scan & print capabilities
- Digital print & scan lab with film and flatbed scanners
- Individual darkroom space for independent or alternative projects
- Printmaking classroom used for alternative processes
- Film processing-only wet lab with small, medium and large format capabilities
- Large studio shooting stages with hot lights and studio strobes
Our photography courses cover Advertising, Editorial, Location, Studio, Photography for Publication and Fine Art, with an emphasis on professional experience in our faculty and staff. Our two full-timers (Ann Mitchell and Brian Doan) are joined by an Instructional Associate Jeff Smeding and our Lab Supervisor Neil France all of whom are active photographers.