Online Courses & Programs
LBCC offers a variety of online classes. Before registering, it is a good idea to know the different modalities an online course can be delivered in.
Types of Online Learning Courses at LBCC
Here at LBCC, Online Learning refers to three types of courses:
- Fully Online: a course that meets 100% Fully Online
- Hybrid: a course that meets partially in a Classroom & Online
- Web-Enhanced: a face-to-face course that meets 100% in a Classroom yet also uses the LMS.
The Fully Online and Hybrid courses are also known as Distance Learning Courses. The Web-Enhanced courses are regular Face-to-Face classes in which your instructor uses online tools (like our LMS) as additional resources for students
Asynchronous – There are no required meetings in real-time; no meeting day/times are listed in the schedule. Asynchronous classes will be noted in the class schedule by the days and time being “Web” and the location being “Online.”
Synchronous – There are required meetings in real-time; meeting day/time patterns are in the schedule. Some instructors may use a combination of scheduled “real time” meetings (synchronous) and online work accessed on the students’ chosen time (asynchronous meetings), but the required meetings are regularly scheduled and show in the class schedule.
Face-to-Face Meetings (HYBRID): Some essential class labs in the trades, CTE, and Health Sciences (Nursing, DMI, etc.) have been approved to meet F2F, then the class schedule will note a room number and times. These classes will be a hybrid format with face-to-face meetings on-campus, and the rest of the content delivered online.
How to register/find online classes at LBCC
You can find classes at LBCC both searching on the Class Schedule page and in your Student Viking System.
Class Schedule Page
- On this page you will be able to browse through all LBCC classes. You can narrow down your search for online classes by clicking on the WEB or HYBRID buttons.
- Tip: Always read the class notes to determine if the course is being taught asynchronous, synchronous, or hybrid. You can also find possible online meeting times for synchronous, and hybrid courses.
Viking Student System
In the Viking Student System, you can choose to enter a course number found on the Class Schedule Page, or you can do a search by topic and then select WEB as your location.
Fully Online Learning Programs (coming soon)!
Check back soon for LBCC Online Learning Programs.