Foster Care Services
The Foster Care Services staff is here to help all community members and serve populations that historically meet barriers in obtaining their higher education. LBCC provides services to assist foster care recipients in their pursuit of higher educational dreams. We also provide free Foster Care & Kinship Educations workshops to help parents of foster children in various areas of need.
- FKCE Workshops – We provide specialized parenting training to increase trauma skills for those who are raising children who have experienced abuse.
- B, D, F and W pre-service and DCFS resource parent contract renewal training
- Transition age youth college success training
- Resource Family Approval Training (RFA) – This meets the initial DCFS training requirements to become a resource parent.
- CSEC – Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Prevention Training. This program prepares caregivers to better supervise their children so they do not become prey via their use of technology and other methods of victimization. This also meets DCFS 101 training requirements.
- Free Parenting Workshops: 24 – 50-hour workshop training.
- Free Conference Trainings