Schedule a counseling appointment
In accordance with Long Beach City College policy and to provide students with the best counseling service, children will not attend a counseling appointment. Additionally, children will not be left unsupervised in the counseling reception area.
If the following policy cannot be adhered to, your appointment will be rescheduled. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Preparing for Your Counseling Appointment
Counselors are here to provide you with the best quality service possible. To do so, it is important to prepare before your scheduled appointment so you have the best experience and meet your academic needs. The following is a checklist of items that should be completed before scheduling your first appointment.
- Complete the Math, English, and Reading assessment tests.
- Submit any official transcripts from other colleges and universities to Admissions & Records.
- Confirmation from LBCC regarding evaluation results from transcripts received from other colleges or universities.
- Submit Advanced Placement (AP) scores to Admissions & Records.
- Select a major or career option.
- Have a list of possible transfer universities you would like to attend.
One of the most important things before going into your counseling appointment is to have a list of questions to ask your counselor. Some general questions to ask are as follows:
- What credit do I get for my Advanced Placement (AP) scores?
- How do I request an official evaluation of my other college transcripts?
- What is CSU certification and how do I apply for it?
- When do I apply for my Associate Degree?
- When do I apply to transfer to another college?
- What is my GPA?
- How long will it take me to get my degree?
- When should I follow up with another counseling appointment?
- What services (on or off-campus) would you recommend for me?
By having a set of questions beforehand, it gives your counselor an opportunity to provide more detailed information to help you in your academic pursuits.
Book a Counseling Appointment
- Log into the Counseling Appointment Scheduler.
- Enter your Student ID and password for your Viking portal.
- Select a date.
- Check all Moderators (Counselors) to ensure to view all appointments that are available.
- Scroll down to Select A Reason for Meeting. Select one or multiple reasons.
- Select a Meeting Location – Video or Telephone Meeting
- The selected meeting date can be confirmed, and other
available dates will appear
- Scroll down and recommended time slots will appear.
- Select the time and date.
- Fill out the intake form and click on Schedule Appointment.
- You will receive a confirmation email regarding the appointment.
Cancel a Counseling Appointment
- Log into Cranium Café
- Click on Cranium Café drop-down menu
- Click on My Café Appointments
- Locate appointment date and time
- Click Cancel
- Provide reason for cancellation