Schedule a counseling appointment
In accordance with Long Beach City College policy and to provide students with the best counseling service, children will not attend a counseling appointment. Additionally, children will not be left unsupervised in the counseling reception area.
If the following policy cannot be adhered to, your appointment will be rescheduled. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Counseling Attendance Policy
Beginning Spring 2017, the Counseling Department will begin implementing the following “No-Show” policy.
If you miss two counseling appointments within 6 months without canceling at least two hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you cannot make another individual 30-minute appointment until you are cleared. In order to be cleared, you will need to speak to a counselor during a 10-minute express counseling time (No educational plan will be developed).
Note: You are also considered a no-show if you check in more than 10 minutes past your scheduled appointment time.
If you need to cancel your counseling appointment, you have three options:
- Cancel your appointment online.
- Contact the Counseling Department and leave a message with your name and LBCC Student ID number.
- Come into the Counseling Office at either campus and cancel the appointment in person.
Book or cancel an appointment
- To book or cancel an appointment, you must first log into the SARS-GRID Online Appointment System for either a LAC Counseling Appointment or a PCC Counseling Appointment with your Student ID number and date of birth.
- Enter your Student ID number and date of birth and click Continue.
- From the Counseling Appointment menu, choose View or Cancel Appointments.
- Click the Cancel box and then check OK. On the following screen, highlight Cancellation requested by Student and then click Continue.
- Your counseling appointment is now canceled. You can proceed to make a new appointment if you need to reschedule the appointment for another date.